I went by myself to the NICU tonight (Kellee had visited earlier in the day) and I got to do something with my daughter; I was able to check her temperature. If you're interested it was 97.9. This is nothing new for Kellee of course, who has done this a number of times as well as changed her diaper and given her a bath. Basically, I have been the bench warmer, that is until tonight!
Two other things...I'm feeling a little guilty about calling the nurse from the other night Nurse Ratched. She was only going by the rules and doing what was in the best interest for our daughter. I myself am a stickler for the rules at my job and am constantly getting accused of being a jerk because I am not as soft as some of my co-workers. Also, she was the nurse that was there the first night and took pictures for us as well as put up a little home-made cut out pic for our girl. SO there it is, I apologize for being a little harsh; having a villain just makes for a better story.
On the other hand, when I went in tonight, I found that Floyd was her nurse again. That's good news since he is always easy to talk with. Anyhow while we were there, Nurse R. (since everyone already knows her under this title) walked by and looked at another incubator that had stickers on it that read " Trick or treat" only they were switched around. She asked Floyd what happened to the letter "R". So he said "Oh, one fell off so I fixed it up a little.
Up until this time I had not taken notice of the sign, but I looked up and read the sign that now read "Trick or Teat". I smirked and thought it was appropriate for the moment. But, I guess nurse R. flashed a look to Floyd, because he put his head down in guilt and stated, "Well...maybe I should change it."
Lastly, Floyd gave me one of Verity's blankets to give to Faith. He said she might like something from her little sister. Somehow, I think it will end up with mom for some time before Faith gets a hold of it!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment