Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Packin' it On


It has been a great week for Verity. She has gained 150 grams in the past week, averaging 21 grams a day (30 g=1 oz). She is 3 lbs 10 oz! She never went back to the oxygen, she has been off it for a week! Today she started bottle feeding 2x per shift (4x a day). We'll see if she has the stamina to take all her milk (32ccs) each feeding, so far so good! We've been discussing what she needs to do to be discharged, with the nurses. She needs to continue to gain weight steadily and take all her feedings by bottle.
We are getting geared up for her homecoming, literally. Today, Faith and I constructed her bassinette and washed her bedding. They always say that no matter how prepared the parents are, they are usually surprised to some degree when it's actually time for baby to come home. I hope that is the case with us, too, though I can't imagine not anticipating the timing. Thank you for your prayers, we are seeing God work and touch her little body.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, such great news! We are so excited for your new addition to your home so very soon!

contrarian 78 said...

I think I'm almost ready to declare that her eyebrows, as seen in the upper right picture, are clearly reminiscent of Aaron when he makes a crazy face.....but not just yet....

Starrs In Denver said...

Praise God!

That photo of her with a big smile is priceless :) Happy getting-ready-fore-her-to-come-home!!!
~Rose

mrs.deane said...

these are great pictures! she is so tiny!

Deanna said...

I am so happy to hear that Verity is doing well! Have fun preparing for the homecoming! The new pictures are so precious, especially the one of her smiling.

Deanna said...

I am so happy to hear that Verity is doing well! Have fun preparing for the homecoming! The new pictures are so precious, especially the one of her smiling.